Re: CGI-script and Ingres

Adam Jack (
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 09:54:24 -0500 (EST)

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 09:54:24 -0500 (EST)
From: Adam Jack <>
To: Sofie Johansson Kokkinakis <>
Subject: Re: CGI-script and Ingres

On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Sofie Johansson Kokkinakis wrote:

> I have managed to write a working Perl-script to call a C-program which
> contains embedded sql search routines, and it works fine.
> But when I try to call the Perl-script from a "form" I recieve an error
> message:
> "ERlookup: Error accessing message text: For unknown reasons. Check
> messages files in the
> installation. Internal error. Report this problem to your technical
> representative. INGRES ERROR:
> 9961473"
> Noone I have talked to has a clue about what this problem means.
> Is it maybe Netscape and CGI-scripts that has a problem in communicating
> with Ingres. It seems like it is possible to call Ingres from other
> applications without any problems.
> Is there anyone who knows what this problem might be?
	I believe (w/o knowing anything about Ingres) that you are
	suffering from environmental differences. When you run the
	perl script from a shell the userid is you and the enviroment
	is, say, from your .login + .cshrc.

	Consider when the HTTPD forks and exec's Perl to run the
	script. Firstly the userid may be different - but also the
	environment is likely widely different.

	Go looking for neccessary environment variables ...

+1-203-730-5437 |