Re: Multiple URL's for HREF, SRC and ACTION

thomasre@microsoft.com
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 18:19:40 -0800

From: thomasre@microsoft.com
To: <marc@ckm.ucsf.edu>, <www-html@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Multiple URL's for HREF, SRC and ACTION
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 18:19:40 -0800

First, I don't want to get into pissing matches about implementation dates
and what constitutes current practice, those are subjective areas at best.
  I am working from a legacy codebase, some of it goes all the way back to
CERN lib and its hard to sort out what came in when.

Now, you make this point:
>>In any case, file URL's don't go across the network.  If you are
referencing a
file URL, you are most likely in control of the filesystem and the utility
of
fallback locations is marginal.
<<

So, I guess I agree.  This may not be so bad, and we will treat the "file:"
case as an error case.

-Thomas Reardon
Microsoft