Re: Progress on HTML 3

malcolm clark (
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 08:33:47 +0000 (GMT)

Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 08:33:47 +0000 (GMT)
From: malcolm clark <>
To: Robert Hazeltine <>
Subject: Re: Progress on HTML 3

On Tue, 7 Nov 1995, Robert Hazeltine wrote:

> Hi,
> Can someone fill me in on the state of play with features of HTML3 dealing
> with formulas, maths and the like?  Our library wants to include exam papers
> in its Web pages which contain material that goes beyond HTML2.
> Any suggestions would be helpful.
acrobat, acrobat, acrobat......
html3 maths is a bit limited at best. probably up to
a-level standard (i.e. pre-university). and personally
i doubt that it will ever be implemented generally.
a bit of a minority niche market which netscape
or microsoft are unlikely to address - not when there
are exciting things to do, like blinking.  :-(

malcolm clark              tel: (+44) 01203 523365
computing services         fax: (+44) 01203 523267
university of warwick      url:
coventry, cv4 7al, uk    email:
     "none but ourselves can free our minds" r.marley