Re: Converting HTML back to RTF/Printing Issues

Mike Meyer (mwm@contessa.phone.net)
Tue, 30 May 95 10:04:29 PST

Subject:  Re: Converting HTML back to RTF/Printing Issues
From: mwm@contessa.phone.net (Mike Meyer)
Date: Tue, 30 May 95 10:04:29 PST
To: www-html@www10.w3.org

> If an HTML -> RTF filter exists, then the HTML document could be
> converted to a Word Processing document and printed nicely from
> there.
>
> Does such a tool exist?

Yes - it's called GF. It inputs HTML (or SNAFU, or GENERAL) documents,
and can output RTF, LaTeX or flat ASCII. It includes a style sheet
mechanism so you can control various aspects of the output. I haven't
used the RTF variation (not having anything that can print from RTF),
but going to LaTeX works quite nicely (module page-wide GIFs not being
handled properly if you go to two-column output).

	<mike