Re: Clients and tabs

Srivastava Nandini (nandini@henna.iitd.ernet.in)
Mon, 29 May 1995 12:00:57 +0530 (IST)

Date: Mon, 29 May 1995 12:00:57 +0530 (IST)
From: Srivastava Nandini <nandini@henna.iitd.ernet.in>
To: Walter Ian Kaye <boo@primenet.com>
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <www-html@www10.w3.org>
Subject: Re: Clients and tabs

On Fri, 26 May 1995, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

> >On May 18,  7:45, Arthur Wilson wrote:
> >> Does HTML 3 allow you to use tabs to layout text? And do any of the
> >> available clients support this feature?
>
> Tabs are used in word processing to align columns.
> HTML 3 has a facility for columns: i.e., Tables. Much better than tabs!
>
> The current versions of Netscape and Mosaic both support tables. Netscape
> gives you more tweaking control, not surprisingly. ;)

Hi everyone there

i had a similar query on tables. HTML 3 has a facility for cols, o.k but
does HTML and HTML + have it. I wanted to have tables in one of my
documents and the browser out here is netscape.tabs doesn't work and so
does right align(this has already been discussed).

nandini@iitd.ernet.in

Nandini Srivastava
ERNET Lab                       phone: 91-11-6867431
Deptt of Comp.Sc. & Engg        fax  : 91-11-6868765
IIT Hauz Khas, N.Delhi-16