Re: ftp transfers of .htm to .html

Marc Becker (mbecker@uclink2.berkeley.edu)
Thu, 11 May 1995 00:18:59 -0700

Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 00:18:59 -0700
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-html@www10.w3.org>
From: mbecker@uclink2.berkeley.edu (Marc Becker)
Subject: Re: ftp transfers of .htm to .html

>> At 11:22 27/4/1995 +0500, Alexander, Larry wrote:
>> >I am currently creating HTML files on my PC. The file name extensions are
>> >obviously filename.htm. When I ftp these over to my Sun workstation httpd
>> >server, I would like the filenames to be filename.html. Does anyone know of

Depending on what unix shell you are using, try either:

#!/bin/sh
chmod 644 *.htm
for x in *.htm;do
	mv $x ${x}l
done

==or:

#!/bin/csh
chmod 644 *.htm
foreach x (*.htm)
	mv $x {$x}l
end

--

I place it in a file called htm in my bin directory.  give the file execute
permission (chmod 755 htm) and then I go to the directory with the files

Marc Becker                   Current address: mbecker@uclink2.berkeley.edu
Visiting Scholar              Home address: marc@ukanaix.cc.ukans.edu
Center for Latin American Studies
UC-Berkeley                   Home page: http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~marc