Re: How about extending mailto: ?

Carl Reimann (
Sun, 7 May 1995 14:32:49 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Sun, 7 May 1995 14:32:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: Carl Reimann <>
To: Grzesiek Staniak <>
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <>
Subject: Re: How about extending mailto: ?

I think another key aspect of extension would be to enable CCing. Many
times I have not bothered using a mailto within a web page simply because
I wouldn't get a copy of my own message.

Another point about mailto is that different mailers handle the resulting
message differently. When people use mailto to mail a note to me from my
web, I get perfectly-configured From and Subject lines. But when I use it
to communicate with some people they wonder how I managed to send them a
note with no From and Subject lines - which can only mean that the letter
didn't conform to their mailer's requirements.