HTML Assign?

Kevin Buttler (buttlerk@smtpgate.lante.com)
Thu, 30 Mar 95 17:02:05 CST

Date: Thu, 30 Mar 95 17:02:05 CST
From: Kevin Buttler <buttlerk@smtpgate.lante.com>
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
Subject: HTML Assign?

Text item: HTML Assign?

I don't think you can do this, but I figured I'd better ask to make sure
since it would make my life a lot easier if you could...

Does HTML/HTTP provide any way of doing "includes" within HTML documents?
E.g., I have two versions of a page which are served up depending on which
browser a user uses to connect to the page.  Both the Netscape version and
the Other-Browsers version have a lot of common HTML, which means that if I
make a change, I have to change it in two documents.

Is there a way to have the documents contain something which sucks the
common code out of a third document so I only have to edit in one place?

If not, there should be!

kbuttler@lante.com