Re: Centering in HTML?

Paul Ramsey (pramsey@postmodern.com)
Sat, 25 Mar 95 13:12:44 PST

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 95 13:12:44 PST
From: pramsey@postmodern.com (Paul Ramsey)
To: www-html@www10.w3.org, wagonern@juncol.juniata.edu
Subject: Re: Centering in HTML?

> >How about "Browsers that make up between 70 and 80% of the existing >market"?
>
> What 'market'?  If you could find the percentages for browsers that are
> actually paid for, I think the 'market' might look very different. All
> questions about Netscape licensing procedures aside, claiming 'market share'
> on a giveaway is whimsical at best.

Since this wasn't a financial discussion I don't see the point in making such
a fuss about the definition of market share. The point is that 70 to 80% of
the people out there are running Netscape. If you are in the business of
presenting information in as nice a way as possible it may be reasonable to
take into account that 80% of the people out there are using software which
can help make your stuff look better.

paul r.