Re: Centering in HTML?

Maurizio Codogno (mau@beatles.cselt.stet.it)
Sat, 25 Mar 1995 10:09:23 --100

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 1995 10:09:23 --100
From: mau@beatles.cselt.stet.it (Maurizio Codogno)
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
Subject: Re: Centering in HTML?

% From: kmc@specialform.com (Keith M. Corbett)

% >>enclose your line between <center>  and  </center>
% >No, don't do that. <CENTER> is not in either the HTML2 or HTML3 standards
% >and won't be. It is recognized only by Netscape browsers (cough).
%
% We need a shorthand phrase to refer to renegade browsers like mozilla
% (cough, ahem, urk).

Well, leaving aside browsers wars, I think that centering is an operation
sufficiently important to deserve a "personal" keyword together with the
official solution which are present in the draft standard. If you don't
want to let netscape win, what about <C> </C> o <CNTR> </CNTR>?

.mau.