Re: CAPTION in FIG element

Keith M. Corbett (
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 16:28:07 -0400

Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 16:28:07 -0400
To:, Multiple recipients of list <>
From: (Keith M. Corbett)
Subject: Re: CAPTION in FIG element

At 03:22 PM 3/16/95 +0500, lilley wrote:

>Hmm.. If I use the declaration:
>            [ <!ENTITY % HTML.Recommended "INCLUDE"> ] >
>pasted straight out of the DTD, Arena 0.96p gives me a Bad HTML flag and
> ]>
> The document TITLE
>at the head of thedocument. I assume this is purely an Arena mis-feature.

No, I've run into this using several Windows browsers:

  1) Navisoft (Booklink) InternetWorks (beta7)

  2) O'Reilly's (SpyGlass) Enhanced NCSA Mosaic v1.0.1.2

  3) NCSA Mosaic for Windows (v1.0)

(These browsers display a blank line before the title.)

Similar problems can be seen using marked sections.

Yet another reason to use SGML tools to filter HTML into HTML...