Re: HTML3 Tables

Jon_Bosak@novell.com
Wed, 8 Mar 1995 08:35:46 +0800

Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 08:35:46 +0800
From: Jon_Bosak@novell.com
To: lee@sq.com
Cc: www-html@www10.w3.org
Subject: Re: HTML3 Tables

> We (SoftQuad) have a content model for this that's in the public domain,
> and has also been published as an ISO standard.  HoTMetaL uses it.  It's
> actually a superset of the NCSA Mosaic tables, except that the overall
> table border attribute isn't supported by HoTMetaL (we may add it).

Literally a superset?  Will all tables valid according to the current
HTML 3.0 table model be valid according to the SoftQuad table model?
Which ISO standard has it been published in?

Jon

Jon Bosak, Novell Corporate Publishing Services            jb@novell.com
2180 Fortune Drive, San Jose, CA  95131                Fax: 408 577 5020
A sponsor of the Davenport Group      (ftp://ftp.ora.com/pub/davenport/)
   The Library is a sphere whose consummate center is any hexagon, and
   whose circumference is inaccessible.  -- Jorge Luis Borges