Captions for Figures and Tables

Tony Jebson (aj@wg.icl.co.uk)
Wed, 8 Mar 95 10:15:19 GMT

Date: Wed, 8 Mar 95 10:15:19 GMT
From: aj@wg.icl.co.uk (Tony Jebson)
To: www-html@www0.cern.ch
Subject: Captions for Figures and Tables

One feature that I've just noticed that I would quite like is better
control over the rendering of captions. The current HTML 3.0 DTD specifies
captions as:

 <!ELEMENT CAPTION - - (%text;)+ -- table or figure caption -->

This precludes things like:

 <caption><h1>A Large Caption</h1></caption>

Should this be allowed? or should this wait until style sheets? e.g.

 <caption class=bigcaps>A Large Caption</caption>

    Tony

--- Tony Jebson     --- International Computers Limited (ICL)
--- aj@wg.icl.co.uk --- http://www.to.icl.fi/~aj/
--- All opinions expressed here (however stupid) are my own,
--- and nothing stated here is an official statement by ICL.