Style sheet subset

Paul Prescod (papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca)
Thu, 27 Jul 1995 14:11:43 -0400

Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 14:11:43 -0400
To: murray.altheim@nttc.edu (Murray Altheim), www-html@w3.org,
From: papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Paul Prescod)
Subject: Style sheet subset

At 11:57 AM 7/27/95 -0400, Murray Altheim wrote:
>bsittler@prism.nmt.edu (Benjamin C. W. Sittler) wrote:
>[...]
>>We need a free, reliable, feature-packed HTML 3 browser with full CSS
>>support. And while we're at it, world peace might be nice...
>
>I know this sounds like blasphemy, but wouldn't it be in _everyone's_
>interest to suggest this to Netscape folks? They could kill a few birds
>with one stone:

CSS is not done.  There is no specification to implement.  People are still
debating fundamental syntax issues.  I'm not complaining.  Healthy debate is
good.  I think the final standard will be stronger for the debate.

I'm suggesting we wrap up the easy-to-implement, easy-to-specify features
and turn them into a temporary standard.

 Paul Prescod

Paul Prescod (papresco@calum.uwaterloo.ca)