Benjamin C. W. Sittler (bsittler@prism.nmt.edu)
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 21:07:37 -0600

From: bsittler@prism.nmt.edu (Benjamin C. W. Sittler)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 21:07:37 -0600
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
Subject: Content-Type: and existing browsers.

Should my scripts that output HTML 3 send Content-Type text/html;
version=3.0? I tried this (as suggested in the online docs) and existing
browsers thought it was plain HTML... the script output, for those
interested in such things, is available [1].

[1] http://www.nmt.edu/~bsittler/multi.cgi/homepage.html
    (leave off the homepage.html to see the script source... it should
eventually provide an emulation of content-negotiation for our NCSA server
until we get CERN going. Sorry to those I misinformed, I'm running NCSA
httpd. No WONDER xxx.multi didn't work!)

Now if I could only get Redirect: to work from a script...

--
Benjamin C. W. Sittler
   "I have great confidence in fools -- self confidence my friends call it."