One more note on LINK REL=Icon

Benjamin C. W. Sittler (bsittler@prism.nmt.edu)
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 13:59:35 -0600

From: bsittler@prism.nmt.edu (Benjamin C. W. Sittler)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 13:59:35 -0600
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
Subject: One more note on LINK REL=Icon

Perhaps the TITLE attribute of LINK REL=Icon could be used instead of the
document title in an icon-based hotlist. This would, for example, allow
the document "Zebra Master Index: Entertainment: Games" to be represented
with the Zebra Index icon and the word "Games." Also, the TITLE attribute
could be used to represent the document in a non-graphical hotlist... so
maybe this shouldn't be called "Icon" after all... "Bookmark" is already
used, I noticed. What about "Hotlist"? (i.e., to represent this item in a
hotlist.)

Hmmm.... any comments/suggestions?

--
Benjamin C. W. Sittler
   "I have great confidence in fools -- self confidence my friends call it."