Re: Psychology and usefulness

Alexei Kosut (akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us)
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 14:22:11 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 14:22:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
To: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Cc: Mike Batchelor <mikebat@clark.net>, www-html@www10.w3.org
Subject: Re: Psychology and usefulness

On Mon, 17 Jul 1995, Paul Prescod wrote:

> A tag name should not imply more about its formatting than it can deliver.
> Why not deprecate them (as well as BIG and SMALL) and get it over with?

Now this is interesting... deprecate a tag that doesn't exit. Correct me
if I'm wrong, but as far as I'm aware, the only place that BIG and SMALL
exist is in the HTML 3.0 draft, and I don't believe any browsers
implement it, either. So why not just forget they ever existed, and not
bother with the deprecation?