Targets w/in tables

Linda Hemenway (lhemenw@floyd.santarosa.edu)
Sat, 15 Jul 95 20:02:57 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Sat, 15 Jul 95 20:02:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Linda Hemenway <lhemenw@floyd.santarosa.edu>
Subject: Targets w/in tables
To: www-html@www10.w3.org

I have successfully linked to areas within a document by using this scripting
<A HREF=#area1>Area 1</A> and then somewhere else on the document typing
<A NAME="area1">Blah Blah </A>

This all seems to fall apart when I try this within a
table. If I create a single linked area for the entire table it works

However if I want several links within the table it doesn't work  I've tried

and <table><tr><A NAME="area1"><td> blah blah</td></A></tr>........

In both cases the links within a table are ignored.  I have a list of
faculty/staff schedules within a table and wanted to create links
to each person from a list at the top of the table.  I can create a table
for each faculty member but they don't all have the same shape (even
though I gave them the same width) and creating 69 tables is a pain.  I
must be doing something slightly wrong, so thanks in advance.