Re: archiving mail

Patrick Pruisken (papr@wmt.nl)
Thu, 13 Jul 1995 10:22:56 +0200 (MET DST)

From: papr@wmt.nl (Patrick Pruisken)
Subject: Re: archiving mail
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 10:22:56 +0200 (MET DST)

Steve <steve@mordred.gatech.edu> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> is there a script or something that someone's written that will convert
> mail from a mailing list into HTML-ized format?  In particular, I'd like
> for the script to sort out stuff by day, then "thread" out those messages.
>
> too busy to do it himself,
>
> steve

Check out "hypermail". It does exactly what you want: it "HTML-izes" mail
messages. It does some nice formatting in the process too, like putting
<I></I> around quoted (parts of) messages and hyperlinking http references.
Moreover, it generates lists sorted by subject, date, thread and author.

I don't know on which other platforms besides SunOS and Solaris
it is available. For more info:

   http://www.eit.com/software/hypermail/hypermail.html

Enjoy!

Patrick