Re: counters

Jon Wallis (
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 07:39:40 +0100

Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 07:39:40 +0100
From: (Jon Wallis)
Subject: Re: counters

>I would like to set up a counter to keep track of how many people have
>visited my home page.  I have seen others use this, and am wondering how it
>is done.  Can
>you please let me know how to do this, or tell me where I can find this

Please take a look at:

It includes a demo counter (and also inclusion of date and time)
and has a link to the original site for the counter code.

It uses "server-side includes", but if you don't know what these are te
source site has pointers to all the info you need to get the
counter working.

Jon Wallis         Senior Lecturer in Information Systems Engineering
School of Computing & I.T., University of Wolverhampton, UK - WV1 1SB
Tel/Fax +44 (0)1902 322203/322680
------------Opinions are mine, not those of my employer--------------