Re: Tables and Charts

lilley (lilley@afs.mcc.ac.uk)
Fri, 7 Jul 1995 13:46:46 +0100 (BST)

From: lilley <lilley@afs.mcc.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Tables and Charts
To: papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Paul Prescod)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 13:46:46 +0100 (BST)
Cc: C.J.Tilbury@estate.warwick.ac.uk, www-html@www10.w3.org

Paul Prescod said:
> The real problem
> is not in HTML, it is in the non-existance of a widely used chart
> data format.

Actually there is an existing Internet Media Type (MIME type) called

text/tab-separated-values

which can have any suitable graphing program as a viewer. I use xmgr

> While you are at it you might want to standardize a vector drawing format.

CGM (ISO/IEC 8632: 1992) is currently being registered as an Internet
Media Type.

--
Chris Lilley, Technical Author
|       Manchester and North HPC Training & Education Centre        |