Re: Suppress scroll bars - an idea

Mike Batchelor (mikebat@clark.net)
Sun, 2 Jul 1995 12:48:49 -0400 (EDT)

From: Mike Batchelor <mikebat@clark.net>
Subject: Re: Suppress scroll bars - an idea
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 1995 12:48:49 -0400 (EDT)

Walter Ian Kaye once wrote...

> At 11:05p 07/01/95, Mike Batchelor wrote:
> >I have a suggestion for another style attribute:  no-scrollbars.  I don't
> >know about any of you, but I find it tiresome to use a scrollbar on a long
> >
> >Any comments?
>

> Re "no-scrollbars":  No way, no how, nu-uh. Bad bad bad.

Why why why.  Flat declarations do little to illuminate your thinking.

> Re browser buttons:  Hear, hear! This is a good thing.
>
> Microsoft Excel and Word have facilities in their languages for creating
> button bars, and it would be super to have support for that in a web
> browser.

I stumbled across a reference to this regarding the <LINK> tag, but no
details were given.  Possibly the ability to do this is already present in
HTML 3.

--
 %%%%%% mikebat@clark.net %%%%%% http://www.clark.net/pub/mikebat/www/ %%%%%%
"[IBM] ... has often been criticized by customers for its inability to supply