Re: Wish List for New Spec

At 2:27p 12/29/95, dmandl@panix.com wrote:
>I do like the idea of having quotations automatically displayed using
>"local" quotation marks and quoting conventions.  But how useful would
>this be, really?  If I'm displaying French or German text
>untranslated, there's really no need to display it using quotation
>marks and American style.  And having a British text displayed with
>British quoting conventions wouldn't kill me.  So are we anticipating
>someone posting an English-language text with French quoting
>conventions??
>
>   --Dave.

I, for one, prefer to see quotes according to the language used. If I am
reading German (not that I understand it), I want to see the "base" quote
marks. If I am reading French, I want to see the "guille" chevrons.

-Walter

    Walter Ian Kaye <boo@best.com>       | Excel | FoxPro | AppleScript |
          Mountain View, CA              |--------- programmer ---------|
 http://www.natural-innovations.com/     |   Macintosh    |   Windows   |