How to make multiple Space characters in HTML?

Guang Mei (gmei@genetics.com)
Wed, 27 Dec 95 14:22:10 EST

Date: Wed, 27 Dec 95 14:22:10 EST
To: www-html@w3.org
From: gmei@genetics.com (Guang Mei)
Subject: How to make multiple Space characters in HTML?

Hi, HTML experts:

Is there a simple way (there must be one) to make multiple Space characters
in HTML?  When I try to pass multiple Space characters from another program
to Netscape, they just collapse to a single Space character. I also tried
"<pre>...</pre>" stuff, but it gives an axtra Line Feed which I don't want.

Please e-mail your response to gmei@genetics.com

If there are enough interests, I will summrize in a later post.

Thanks in advance.

Guang Mei
Research Computing, Genetics Institute, Cambridge, MA 02140
Tel: (617)498-8173    Fax: (617)498-8350
e-mail: gmei@genetics.com