HTML Publishing : cooperative sites wanted !

Sun, 24 Dec 1995 16:00:24 +0000

Date: Sun, 24 Dec 1995 16:00:24 +0000
From: (Guy BRAND)
Subject: HTML Publishing : cooperative sites wanted !
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <>,

  HTML Publishing ??? I thought it could be more :-) Sorry to be so naive...

  Wasn't the Web project supposed to help scientific publishing and
knowledge sharing ? I've already asked about Web Scientific Publishing a
few months ago but could someone point out the STATE OF THE ART, for what
concerns scientific research fields, at the end of this year ? What are the
perspective of WEB Scientific Publishing ? Are there "central" concerted,
cooperative or collaborative projects concerning sharing and diffusion of
scientific publications ?

  Big archive and mirror sites such as Info-Mac, are working on the basis
of collaborative feeding of central servers, can we imagine to set up
something equivalent for scientific publications ? Can we hope that the W3C
consortium will focuse on scientific usage, for publication and knowledge
diffusion, of the Web now that its commercial usage is in good shape :-) ?
Why not opening the W3C to pool of scientists (such as Rzepa's ChemMIME
group of researchers) ?

      ====      Guy BRAND -
   ==---=====      Universite de Geneve -
      ====        "Soyons realistes, demandons l'impossible !"