Re: <PAGE> proposal

Scott E. Preece (preece@predator.urbana.mcd.mot.com)
Sat, 23 Dec 1995 17:29:56 -0600

Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 17:29:56 -0600
From: preece@predator.urbana.mcd.mot.com (Scott E. Preece)
To: george_paap@riscgate.sps.mot.com
Cc: www-html@w3.org, Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu
Subject: Re: <PAGE> proposal

   From: "George Paap" <george_paap@riscgate.sps.mot.com>
| I agree to some extent, but I find the idea of document controlled pagination
| limiting, regardless of the technical implementation. ...
| I think it would be a mistake
|   to assume a "page" environment for html development.  What is a page? ...
---

I agree it would be a bad idea to tie elements to a page model.
However, it *is* important to be able to indicate where the content
divides into logical chunks.  Fortunately, between DIV and CLASS, I
think we probably have enough notation to support the need, once we
evolve some standard classes.

scott

--
scott preece
phone:	217-384-8589			  fax:	217-384-8550