Re: <PAGE> proposal

BearHeart / Bill Weinman (BearHeart@bearnet.com)
Fri, 22 Dec 1995 19:25:27 -0600

Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 19:25:27 -0600
To: www-html@w3.org
From: BearHeart / Bill Weinman <BearHeart@bearnet.com>
Subject: Re: <PAGE> proposal
Cc: www-html@w3.org

At 04:50 pm 12/22/95 -0800, Mike Wexler wrote:
>The examples may leave something to be desired, but the concept of
>What DIV provides is a way of expressing the hierarchical nature
>of your document.  Here are is an examples of how it could be used:
>Try doing this with <P>

   I hadn't realized that <DIV> may be nested like that. Makes
it useful--and it explains why it's name is "DIV".

   Hmmm... we need to make sure that this is mentioned in the
documentation on www.w3.org, becuase as of today it is not--which
may explain why people use it as a kluge instead.

   Thank you, I stand corrected.

 * BearHeart / Bill Weinman
 * BearHeart@bearnet.com *            * http://www.bearnet.com/ *
 * Author of The CGI Book:    * http://www.bearnet.com/cgibook/ *
 * 'Tis an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers. --Shakespeare