Re: A lurker speaks up...

Stuart Harris (sirrah@cg57.esnet.com)
Fri, 22 Dec 1995 07:57:16 -0800 (PST)

From: sirrah@cg57.esnet.com (Stuart Harris)
Subject: Re: A lurker speaks up...
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 07:57:16 -0800 (PST)

[edit]
> Is there, anywhere, a list of all the tags in the known universe with
> provenances and compatibility information attached?
Yes, mjhanna@sandia.gov labored in this vineyard for many months, and gave
forth the excellent http://www.sandia.gov/sci_comput/html_ref.html. Happy
Holidays, Michael, if you're tuned in....

Of course, like all we writers about this stuff, he was aiming at a very
rapidly-moving target so it's not perfect.

[edit]

> If I were to build
> a browser or authoring tool, how would I know what to implement and when to
> stop?

Here's the reality. If you were to build a browser, you'd be the nerd who did
all the work and had none of the power. All those decisions would be made for
you by financial officers, attorneys, VPs of Marketing, 18-year old advertising
"executives" and pollsters.

Cheers,
Stu Harris