Re: HTML Editors for Visually Impaired Users

Murray Altheim (
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 13:53:31 -0400

Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 13:53:31 -0400
To: (Ian Graham)
From: (Murray Altheim)
Subject: Re: HTML Editors for Visually Impaired Users

>Does anyone know of an HTML editor designed (or modified) for
>use by visually impaired users?  I have a request for such
>a product, but am not familiar with anything that would fit
>the bill.
>Ian Graham ............................
>Information Commons
>University of Toronto

I would be happy to discuss modifications to HTML.edit (for the Macintosh)
that might assist the visually impaired. I could provide larger tool
palettes or possibly a system of sounds that might help. In version 1.8 I'm
planning on adding palette menu font options that would allow larger font

Visually impaired Mac users have some available OS tools that modify screen
resources and such, but there may be others that would help that I am
ignorant of. Specifically, I am not aware of extensions that would increase
the size of dialog boxes, as that would be a substantial amount of

      Murray M. Altheim, Information Systems Analyst
      National Technology Transfer Center, Wheeling, West Virginia