Al Coslor (
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 16:30:28 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 16:30:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Al Coslor <>
Subject: Downloading

Hi, I am making a homepage, and I was wondering how to make it so that
people can download a certain file from my page.  I tried going
<A HREF="file://>file.exe</A>
but that didn't work to download.  It thought that my account was an ftp
site or something.
THen I tried saying <A HREF="">file.exe</A>
but then, it just scrolled a bunch of junk all over the screen.
	I want to make it so that when you click on the link it asks you
if you want to download the file or save to disk or whatever.  I wonder
if I need to give the file certain permissions with the chmod command...
I tried a bunch of chmod commands, but it still didn't work.  Please help
me make this work.