HTTP_ACCEPT env CERN only???

Kevin J. Dyer (
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 22:29:53 -0400

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 22:29:53 -0400
From: "Kevin J. Dyer" <>
Subject: HTTP_ACCEPT env CERN only???

I apologize if this is not the right forum, but
similar queries have been made in this wg.

I am constructing several cgi scripts and have found the environment variable
HTTP_ACCEPT in the CERN code a helpful tool when I have to make a decision on
what to put into the html or not, as the case might be.  I've started to
look at other servers for reasons known to all, and I can not find in the source
of apache or ncsa if the capability exists.  Am I looking in the wrong part of the
code or is this just missing.  I've been reading the threads about accept vs user-agent
and this seems to be another piece of it.

Kevin J. Dyer					Draper Laboratory  MS. 23
Email: <>		        555 Tech. Sq.
Phone: 617-258-4962				Cambridge, MA 02139
Fax:   617-258-2121