Re: CLASS attribute (Was: No IMG in FIG)

Joe English (jenglish@crl.com)
Sat, 05 Aug 1995 23:08:15 -0700

To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: CLASS attribute (Was: No IMG in FIG)
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 1995 23:08:15 -0700
From: Joe English <jenglish@crl.com>

Ka-Ping Yee <kryee@novice.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> Perhaps the popularity of discussion about stylesheets (no doubt prompted
> quickly to the thinking that "CLASS = stylesheets".  Maybe it would be
> a good idea for the W3 documents about HTML to point out more often that
> CLASS can be used in more ways?

I would not be upset [*] if a few [**] W3 documents were
updated in such a fashion.

But hey, let's face it: information retrieval isn't
exciting anymore.  All the Market cares about is how
it looks, so why bother mentioning meaningful semantics [***]?

[*] vast understatement
[**] like, say, the HTML 3 draft and all of the stylesheets material
[***] sarcasm

--jenglish@crl.com