Martian (
Mon, 1 May 1995 03:59:05 +0200 (MET DST)

From: (Martian)
Subject: Re: PRE
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 03:59:05 +0200 (MET DST)

Once upon a time you, Jean Gundersen, wrote:
++ Is there any way to control the spacing using <PRE>?
++ I want my document to be single spaced and <PRE> is giving me double spaced.

Yes you can  control the spacing. But not  if you use HTML.  HTML is a
content markup language *NOT* a text  setting system. If you insist on
double spacing, pick  one of the many languages which  allow you that;
to mention a few: PDF, PostScript and (La)TeX.

HTML lets the *reader* choose how text is set.