Re: HTML Strippers

Christopher Caserio (ccaserio@corp.micrognosis.com)
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 09:09:15 -0400 (EDT)

From: ccaserio@corp.micrognosis.com (Christopher Caserio)
Subject: Re: HTML Strippers
To: www-html@www10.w3.org (Chua Jen Chian)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 09:09:15 -0400 (EDT)

>   When I save a document under Netscape 'Save as', it adds the HTML tags
> too. Even trying to save under a different file extension would not help.
> I thought that would be a good feature to add, specifying a file
> extension of .htm would include the tags and any others would strip off
> the tags. Maybe, the next version of Netscape can include this. In the
> interim, is there any work around within Netscape?

There is a control in the "Save As..." dialog box which allows you
to select the output format as Source, Text, or Postscript. This
has been around for a while. I am using 1.1N Netscape on SunOS. Perhaps
other platform implementations differ...

A similar choice is offered when mailing a document.

> Richard Chua
> Compuer Science Undergraduate
> National University of Singapore

cppc