Re: A browser for form-based file upload???

Dave Raggett (dsr@hplb.hpl.hp.com)
Thu, 27 Apr 95 10:45:11 GMT

To: keukens@bladel.rps.slb.com
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <www-html@www10.w3.org>
Subject: Re: A browser for form-based file upload???
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 95 10:45:11 GMT
From: "Dave Raggett" <dsr@hplb.hpl.hp.com>

> Arena would be a browser which supports HTML3, but as far as I know not
> available for MS-Windows. And although the DTD suggests that it supports
> file upload I'm not sure of that. Maybe someone can tell me if Arena is
> supporting file upload.

Remember that Arena is a testbed for trying out new ideas before we attempt
to standardize on them. Its *NOT* a full blown browser and should not be
treated as such.

Arena is likely support file upload in the near future via the PUT/POST
methods in HTTP, but then again, so are many other browsers.

-- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> url = http://www.hpl.hp.co.uk/people/dsr
   Hewlett Packard Laboratories, Filton Road, | tel: +44 117 922 8046
   Bristol BS12 6QZ, United Kingdom           | fax: +44 117 922 8924