Re: HTML Strippers

Murray Altheim (murray.altheim@nttc.edu)
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 09:16:13 -0400

Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 09:16:13 -0400
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
From: murray.altheim@nttc.edu (Murray Altheim)
Subject: Re: HTML Strippers
Cc: rmesa@best.com

>Is there a utility to strip away HTML tags. Yes I know, WHY? I've been task
>to do such a thing at work. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
>
>TIA,
>Robert Mesa
>San Jose, CA
>rmesa@best.com

Robert,

If you're working on a Macintosh, HTML.edit will strip away tags as well as
convert entities. I will have 1.7a available soon, which includes support
for forms and tables. Availability info below:

####  Description  ****

HTML.edit Version 1.6 (beta 3)
Copyright 1995 by Murray M. Altheim, Equinox Development.
All Rights Reserved.
The author retains all intellectual property rights to this product
and its documentation.

[description elided...]

####  Availability  ****

Information on current versions and information on downloading is
available at

  http:// ogopogo.nttc.edu/tools/HTMLedit/HTMLedit.html

or you can download it directly from

  ftp://ogopogo.nttc.edu/tools/HTMLedit/HTMLedit.15b1.sea.hqx
  ftp://ogopogo.nttc.edu/tools/HTMLedit/HTMLedit.16b3.sea.hqx

Please email any comments or problems you find with this version to
the author at:

murray.altheim@nttc.edu

Murray Altheim
Equinox Development
PO Box 6831
Wheeling, West Virginia 26003
USA

      Murray M. Altheim, Information Systems Analyst
      National Technology Transfer Center, Wheeling, West Virginia
      email:  murray.altheim@nttc.edu
      www:    http://ogopogo.nttc.edu/people/maltheim/maltheim.html