Re: A Proposal for a New Standard in HTML 3.0

Paul Williams (pcw@hooked.net)
Wed, 12 Apr 1995 14:35:51 -0700

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 14:35:51 -0700
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
From: pcw@hooked.net (Paul Williams)
Subject: Re: A Proposal for a New Standard in HTML 3.0

>An important advantage of this scheme over a scheme that requires the
>"publisher" to mark their pages is that this allows for more than one
>authority to be formed as to what is acceptable. Parents can decide which
>group best represents their beliefs.

Unfortunately, this idea of any kind of rating will not truly be enforcable.
Look at the guidelines that motion pictures use.  I don't know how many
times I have seen a 4-6 yr old in movies like Jurrassic Park, which were
clearly labled 'R'

 _   /|  | If you _really_ want to see what I would    | GAT(GCS) -d+ -p+ c++ |
 \,o.O'  | like to put here, finger pcw@hooked.net     | l u+ e+(++) m@ s+/++ |
    U    | Please send all mail through pcw@hooked.net | w++ t++(@) r- y?     |
         Prodigy?  Are you kidding? -------------------+----- AOL: Just say NO!