Re: Transparancy

lee@sq.com
Tue, 4 Apr 95 17:54:50 EDT

Date: Tue, 4 Apr 95 17:54:50 EDT
From: lee@sq.com
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
Subject: Re: Transparancy

Of the 8 or 10 browsers within easy reach, most have white backgrounds.
Most of the PC ones have a white background.  NCSA Mosaic on X has an ivory
background (but I think I customised it to be like that).  Netscape has a
grey background.

One way to do antialiasing is not to do it :-) but instead to do half-bitting,
as it used to be called when it was used by some high-end Xerox printers in
their fonts.  The idea is to set every other pixel to transparent to simulate
a 50% transparency.

Lee

--
Liam Quin, SoftQuad Inc +1 416 239 4801 lee@sq.com   <URL:http://www.sq.com/>
HexSweeper NeWS game;OPEN LOOK+XView+mf-fonts FAQs;lq-text unix text retrieval