Re: Why Mosaic (SMTP Id#: 50843) -Reply

Jon A. Lovstad (
Tue, 4 Apr 1995 13:41:55 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 13:41:55 +0200 (MET DST)
From: "Jon A. Lovstad" <>
Subject: Re: Why Mosaic (SMTP Id#: 50843) -Reply
To: "Phillip M. Hallam-Baker" <>
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <>

On Tue, 4 Apr 1995, Phillip M. Hallam-Baker wrote:
(mention of using light gray for transparent gifs)
> If you want transparent gifs use transparent Gifs. a grey background looks
> horrid on Arena but a real transparent GIF looks nice with the mottled
> effect showing through.

I think you misunderstood a bit. I use this method once in a while as
well. I'm not substituting the transparency for a grey background, I just
make the transparent colour grey, so that it will bw true transparent in
clients which support this and light grey in those which don't.

Jon Lovstad * * Hjortsbergvn.7, N-1784 Halden, Norway

There's an old saying; in binary it goes:
							      Red Dwarf T-Shirt