Re: Perl

I'm just finishing a site that uses a small Perl script that works on Web
pages but DOES NOT use the gateway interface. I have it running on chron,
the timeclock for my UNIX host. Situation: data is automaticaly uploaded
from a mainsframe to the site in question via a PC on the company's LAN.
The data drops into a semi-hidden directory, and a few minutes later the
script awakens, checks the creation/modification dates of the files, and if
they fit, it goes to work. About 4-8 seconds later, the relatively large
datafile is transformed into 65 hypertext files. That happens every day.
Fun to watch.

At 4:08 AM 4/3/95, Justin Drew wrote:
>I want to write scripts to take in information from people browsing, I think
>i need to learn Perl. Is this true, and are there any good books out there
>that anyone recommends.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Justin
>Justin Drew             MediTech Media
>postmaster              voice: +44 171 240 8452

Ray Doeksen
Doeksen Design + Consulting
rdoeksen@design.chi.il.us
http://www.interaccess.com/rdoeksen/
        Internet and World Wide Web consulting
        Technology consulting for creatives
        Industrial, Interface and Graphic Design