Re: Perl

Ray Doeksen (
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 09:29:45 -0500

Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 09:29:45 -0500
From: (Ray Doeksen)
Subject: Re: Perl
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <>

*First* check out:

        Mcom's How To Create Web Services page (in their Netscape Help

        select "WWW Development"

*then,* from that list, select:

        Providers, Perl

....and you will find many examples, discussions, manuals and FAQs for Perl.
Read the FAQ.

If you want  some good books, look to O'Reily and Associates ( for
both 'Learning Perl' [aka, the Llama Book] (the one first-timers should
get) or 'Programming Perl' [aka, the Camel Book.]

Handling forms is actually a GGI operation that may or may not require a
Perl script to do it. Also from the WWW Development list mentioned above,

        Providers, CGI

You may also want to check out:

At 4:08 AM 4/3/95, Justin Drew wrote:
>I want to write scripts to take in information from people browsing, I think
>i need to learn Perl. Is this true, and are there any good books out there
>that anyone recommends.
>Thanks in advance.
>Justin Drew             MediTech Media
>postmaster              voice: +44 171 240 8452

Ray Doeksen
Doeksen Design + Consulting
        Internet and World Wide Web consulting
        Technology consulting for creatives
        Industrial, Interface and Graphic Design