More thoughts

Alex.Hopmann@resnova.com
Sun, 23 Oct 1994 15:37:16 -0500

From: Alex.Hopmann@resnova.com
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 1994 15:37:16 -0500
To: www-html@www0.cern.ch
Subject: More thoughts

Reading the discussion here, another thought just occured to me: You guys
are all really good HTML "coders". Showing our products at trade shows, I
have talked to alot of people who want to create HTML without being
"coders". This means that our products are going to allow people to create
HTML without typing a single <h1>. This also means that naive users are
going to think that whatever they can do to make their document look right
on the screen is fine. WYSIWYG. I've seen some discussion here about what
people should and shouldn't do with various types of formatting, but lets
just assume for a moment that people creating these documents are not going
to realize the difference.

Alex Hopmann
ResNova Software, Inc.