Forms and alignment

KASPER@idi.oclc.org
26 May 1994 12:28:28 -0500 (EST)

Date: 26 May 1994 12:28:28 -0500 (EST)
From: KASPER@idi.oclc.org
Subject: Forms and alignment
To: www-html@www0.cern.ch

Is there anyway to create a form where the form has a variable length label
followed by a textbox. There is a label and text box on each line. I have
three such fields. Can I align all the text boxes so they all start on
the same character position? Example:

Client:      XXXXXXXXX
Entry Date:  XXXXXXXXX
Notes:       XXXXXXXXX

I have read where in HTML blanks are insignificant. I also tried the <pre>
(preformatted text> markup, however my boxes are placed on the following line.

I have looked at several forms created by others using WWW but I have
never seen anyone do this. The colsest I have come is where the
form displays the text box first, followed by the label.

I apologize if this is not the correct mail list to be using, but I am to
the point hwere I just need to know if there is a way to accomplish the above.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Theresa Kasper
Information Dimensions Inc.
Kasper@idi.oclc.org