Re: Accents in Soft Quad HoTMetaL

Rainer Klute (klute@tommy.informatik.uni-dortmund.de)
Fri, 10 Jun 1994 15:52:38 +0200

To: courtaud@limeil.cea.fr
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <www-html@www0.cern.ch>,
Subject: Re: Accents in Soft Quad HoTMetaL
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 15:52:38 +0200
From: Rainer Klute <klute@tommy.informatik.uni-dortmund.de>

>When I open an HTML document with strings like &eacute; I see a box
>with eacute at the place of the string but I don't know how to
>insert it in a new document ?

I noticed a similar bug: It is not possible to enter e.g. umlaut
characters directly via the keyboard. Cut&Paste works fine. I sent
a bug report to SoftQuad and they promised to look into it.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

  Dipl.-Inform.                     IRB  - immer richtig beraten
  Rainer Klute                      EXUG - European X User Group
  Universitdt Dortmund, IRB
D-44221 Dortmund                    Tel.: +49 231 755-4663

        <http://www.informatik.uni-dortmund.de/~klute/>