Re: Default style?

Robert Kemmetmueller (rskm@VNET.IBM.COM)
Thu, 9 Jun 1994 16:13:55 -0500 (CDT)

Date: Thu,  9 Jun 1994 16:13:55 -0500 (CDT)
From: Robert Kemmetmueller <rskm@VNET.IBM.COM>
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-html@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Re: Default style?

>        <RENDER TAG=NEW_TAG EQUIV=STRONG>
>
>And now use <NEW_TAG> all over the place.  What happens when I want to
>make the EQUIV=default.  Since it appears that I must specify it to be
>something and not nothing.

Well, the HTML+ draft I have (Nov.'93) shows quotes around the attribute
values, like so:

    <RENDER TAG="NEW_TAG" STYLE="B,I">

The quotes invite the answer ``just use an empty string''.  BUT, the
document says the STYLE attribute is a comma-separated list of _ONE_ or
more of {i,b,u,s,sup,sub,tt,p}.   (Emphasis is mine; note that it
doesn't say _ZERO_ or more, but hey, this IS just a draft, right?)

(I've only been following this for about a week, so if I'm way out in
left field, please point me towards the latest draft)

                          Robert Kemmetmueller
                              rskm@rchland
                                 3-4968