Near-final revision of 2.0 HTML spec available.

Daniel W. Connolly (connolly@hal.com)
Thu, 21 Jul 1994 16:03:14 -0500

To: html-ig@oclc.org, www-html@www0.cern.ch
Subject: Near-final revision of 2.0 HTML spec available.
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 1994 16:03:14 -0500
From: "Daniel W. Connolly" <connolly@hal.com>

From: "HTML Specification Review Materials"
http://www.hal.com/%7Econnolly/html-spec/index.html
$Id: index.html,v 1.17 1994/07/21 20:53:57 connolly Exp $

>Karen Muldrow <karen@hal.com>, has just completed a stylistic/editorial
>rewrite. An HTML version is available (see below). I'll have hardcopy
>for the July IETF meeting in toronto, where the review committe will
>probably take on the role of an IETF working group.

The new version has a comprehensive overview to preface the
specification. Karen did a great job.

We incorporated many of the review comments, but we may have missed
some. I expect that the outstanding issues are minor. The document
should be "put to bed" and published within a month.

We've also got an interactive form where you can key in some HTML,
and the server will parse it relative to the 2.0 DTD and show you the results.
See:

HaLsoft HTML Validation Service
http://www.hal.com/%7Econnolly/html-test/service/validation-form.html
$Id: validation-form.html,v 1.5 1994/07/14 00:44:41 connolly Exp $

Daniel W. Connolly        "We believe in the interconnectedness of all things"
Software Engineer, Hal Software Systems, OLIAS project   (512) 834-9962 x5010
<connolly@hal.com>                   http://www.hal.com/%7Econnolly/index.html