Proxy servers: what are they??

Sun, 1 Jan 1995 02:12:31 +0100

Date: Sun, 1 Jan 1995 02:12:31 +0100
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-html@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Proxy servers: what are they??

Subject: Proxy server..

Hello!
I am  fairly a novice in the world of Web.
I would like to know what are proxy servers and can a server like NCSA HTTPD
for Windows work as a proxy server. I read the FAQ on this subject but couldnot
get much information.
Are there any security related implications regarding this?

Thanks much in advance for all the feedback!

/cvr
| CVR Murthy				                                               |
| Frontier Computers Pvt. Ltd., 	                                       |
| Pune - 411 004, India.		                                           |
| Voice: +91-212-321536                                                    |
| "Did I -?"                                                               |
| "I told you, you could" Kenobi informed him with pleasure.               |
| "Once you start to trust your innerself, there'll be no stopping you"    |
|                                          -- Star Wards, George Lucas.    |