Re: tag embedability pointer?

Daniel W. Connolly (connolly@hal.com)
Fri, 09 Dec 1994 12:26:09 -0600

To: david_sallach@il.us.swissbank.com
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <www-html@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Re: tag embedability pointer?
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 1994 12:26:09 -0600
From: "Daniel W. Connolly" <connolly@hal.com>

In message <9412091756.AA01704@dungeon>, David Sallach writes:

>As a relatively new member of the list, I would appreciate a pointer
>to a succinct summary of which tags can be embbeded with which other
>tags.  I would like to conform to HTML standards, but have not seen a
>clear statement of embedding precedence, if that's a concept.

Please investigate the pointer I gave in my earlier message:

	http://www.hal.com/~connolly/html-spec

You'll find links to the spec in hypertext, the DTD, "Reference card"
views of the DTD, mail archives for rationale, and just about
everything I know about HTML.

In particular, check out the validation service and Earl Hood's
dtd2html view of the DTD.

I could post URLs to all of the above, but I'd like to encourage folks
to poke around a little by themselves.

If you can't find something, let me know.

Dan