Re: tag embedability pointer?

Daniel W. Connolly (
Fri, 09 Dec 1994 12:26:09 -0600

Cc: Multiple recipients of list <>
Subject: Re: tag embedability pointer?
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 1994 12:26:09 -0600
From: "Daniel W. Connolly" <>

In message <9412091756.AA01704@dungeon>, David Sallach writes:
>As a relatively new member of the list, I would appreciate a pointer
>to a succinct summary of which tags can be embbeded with which other
>tags.  I would like to conform to HTML standards, but have not seen a
>clear statement of embedding precedence, if that's a concept.

Please investigate the pointer I gave in my earlier message:

You'll find links to the spec in hypertext, the DTD, "Reference card"
views of the DTD, mail archives for rationale, and just about
everything I know about HTML.

In particular, check out the validation service and Earl Hood's
dtd2html view of the DTD.

I could post URLs to all of the above, but I'd like to encourage folks
to poke around a little by themselves.

If you can't find something, let me know.