Re: Lines in Tables

Tony Jebson writes:
>One thing I've jyst realised I would like to see in HTML 3.0 is more
>control over the lines drawn around tables. At present all you can do
>is say whether you have lines or not. It would be nice to be able to
>specify border lines, row lines, column lines etc separately.

How about adding a RULES attribute to the TABLE element:

  rules (none|horiz|vert|both) #IMPLIED -- both if borders on, otherwise none

This should give sufficient control over rules. It might be desirable to
extend the BORDERS attribute:

  borders (none|horiz|vert|both) none

Michael Johnson
Relay Technology, Inc.