HTML Access to Oracle 7 DB

Sandy Ritterbusch (lannyl@netcom.com)
Tue, 16 Aug 1994 21:28:14 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 21:28:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sandy Ritterbusch <lannyl@netcom.com>
Subject: HTML Access to Oracle 7 DB
To: www-html@www0.cern.ch

I am working on an HPUX server running HTTP and Oracle 7 with Mosaic/Cello
clients. I have heard of that HTML 2.0 and/or something called GSQL
will permit dynamic execution of select statements with the results formated
into the HTTP client (cello/mosaic, etc.). I've looked at Arthur Secret's
and Decoux's material but at the moment I don't have the Oracle Pro C
product to compile their source.

I would appreciate hearing any info or suggestions for developing simple
queries from the HTTP server to an Oracle 7 DB. I would prefer a solution
that does not involve compiling C source as I don't have the Oracle Pro C
product as yet. Scripts involing SQLPlus would be ideal. Also, if you
have info on HTML 2.0 and/or GSQL that permit Oracle access, I would
very much like to hear about where I can get that info. Thank you  very much

                                             lannyl@netcom.com